Strategic farm event - ‘Forage efficiency for high yielding cows’
If you want to maximise forage quality and quantity through grazing or reseeding then join us for this meeting where we’re focusing on ‘Forage in relation to feed costs’ as well as sharing the farm’s performance figures.
Halton Farms joined as the Midlands all year round calving strategic farm in February and last time we covered reducing ‘purchased feed costs’.
In this meeting, special guests Helen Mathieu (Germinal Seeds) and Dave Gilbert (Horizon Dairy Vets) will talk about their involvement in the business as well as:
- Background to the farm and review of last meeting
- Current technical & financial performance against AHDB’s Optimal Dairy Systems defined KPIs for AYR calving herds
- Optimising forage output through reseeding strategies – Helen Mathieu.
- Grazing strategies for a high yielding dairy herd – Dave Gilbert
- Long term vision for the farm, including a critical look at current areas for improvement and future focus including dates & topics for future meetings
If you are all-year-round calving or interested in benchmarking your business, then this meeting is for you.
Date: Wednesday 24th October 18
Time: 10:45 prompt – 14:30 (lunch provided so booking essential)
Venue: Chance Hall Farm, Chance Hall Lane, Moreton-Cum-Alcumlow, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 4TL (By Kind Permission of Tom & Karen Halton)
To book your FREE place contact the AHDB KE Events Hub on 01904 771216 or firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information contact Steve West on 07816 159574.
The cost of attending this event is covered through your levy but please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
Please bring a clean pair of wellington boots and ensure vehicles are clean to help with the biosecurity and out of respect to the host’s farm business
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details