Breeding management workshop
Block calving herds who calve 90% of their cows in the first 6 weeks of calving outperform those with longer calving periods. This approach allows cows longer recovery time post calving, more days in milk, calves of closer age groups and can reduce the effect of human fatigue at the tail end of calving.
Join AHDB Dairy and nationally recognised veterinary expert Dave Gilbert to discuss pre-mating planning, setting up for a successful 2018 season and how to ensure good non-return rates, including:
- Setting and hitting ambitious targets
- Pre-mating checks – when and what to look for?
- Nutrition, health and Body Condition Scoring
- Heat detection techniques, tools and AI protocols
- Heifer synchronisation – is it cost effective? Should we consider sexed semen?
- What to do with non-cyclers
- Bull MOTs – firing on all cylinders or just firing blanks?
Who should attend – This workshop is aimed at all farmers and farm staff with a responsibility for heat detection and service.
Date: Wednesday 4 April 2018
Time: 11:00 – 14:30 (lunch provided)
Venue: Best Western Moffat House Hotel, High Street, Moffat, Dumfriesshire DG10 9HL
To book a place, please contact The KE Events Hub on 01904 771216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost is covered through your levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.